Internship and residency applications are only accepted and reviewed through ERAS.
Application to the programs should be made no later than October 30th. For applications submitted on time, letters can be added until November 1st. We use a rolling process when inviting for interviews so applicants are encouraged to submit their application as soon as is feasible. Applications must include the following in order to be considered complete:
- Application form;
- Three or four letters of recommendation, at least one from a psychiatric supervisor who has worked closely with the applicant, and at least one from an internal medicine or other non-psychiatry specialist;
- Dean’s letter (MSPE);
- Medical school transcript; and
- USMLE transcript (Step I) (Note: Massachusetts law requires that those applicants who match to a MA residency program must complete USMLE Steps 2 (MK and CS) prior to application for a limited license, i.e. March 2017)
- Invitations for personal interviews are issued only after the applicant’s file is completed and reviewed by members of the Selection Committee.
Massachusetts State Step 2 Requirement:
- Please note that prior to enrollment in residency in any Massachusetts state internship, all interns will be required to have passed both parts of USMLE step 2 by the time they enroll. Our strong suggestion is that all of your exams be completed and available for review by the date match lists are submitted. We encourage you to plan your exams accordingly.