Information and Benefits
Annual Salary 2019- 2020
- Choose from a spectrum of health insurance plans depending on your healthcare needs. Coverage for spouse and family are available.
- Malpractice insurance is covered for residency and moonlighting.
- Prescription drug coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Care Plan
- Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retire planning- 403(b)Tax Sheltered Annuity (TSA) through various vendors
- Additional Perks including Childcare, Housing Assistance, Phone and Wireless Discounts, Tickets to Movies, Museums and Events, and many other local resources can be accessed through the BWH Perks Office (http://hr.partners.org/bwh/perks.aspx)
- Additional information on benefit coverage is available here (http://hr.partners.org/bwh/information-for-bwh-.aspx)
Vacation and Medical Leave
Residents are allowed four weeks of vacation per academic year divided among their rotations. We strive to accommodate our residents as expected and unexpected life events come up (e.g. maternity leave, paternity leave, unexpected family or personal illness, etc).
Residents receive educational stipends starting at $500 per academic year. Additional funds are available for scholarly projects and presentations through grants or departmental funds.
Travel to Meetings
If a resident is presenting original work at a meeting, extra funding for the meeting (in addition to the stipend) may be available